It is not easy learning to live in a different country. I am sharing my experiences and hope someone will find it useful whether living here in Greece or any other country.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

HOLLOWEEN IN GREECE

Little confusing to me being from the United States, but interesting.  Now in the states it
is a one day or night affair, dress up, take your parents hands, go out knock on doors and
do a little trick for some candy.Yes is cool I guess.

Now here in Greece it is a little different story.  About the first week of March Halloween
starts and ends the last of March. Now that is a lot of candy nights, but it doesn't work that
way. Not being Greek and totally understanding the the full meaning of their Halloween
I can only describe my observation with the events in March. I noticed the shopping centers
have masks and the brooms and gadgets needed for the events of the months. Kids and a
few adults will wear a mask, just for the heck of it I guess, in town or down streets.
Lots of pink hair, little red too.

On weekends parents will take their children to parks in their customers and have a picnic.
Kites On The Last Weekend For Sale.

Balloons, candy, you name it they sell it.



More Kites.

Sunday and Monday is kite day I guess. Monday is a holiday, and the last day
of Halloween.


Now time sure has changed, when I was young a kite costs me 10 cents.


~~~CcP~~~3-18-2013

Another day ends in my New Life.

1 comment:

Anna-GrouezaKolokathi said...

Neither i,my good friend could understant this custom of my people,to hung up in older times since the most of us,we are not in mude for the !!!..It`s mostly for kids playing some more i quess .But still remains as a custom alright from the acient years.Thank you for your article.Always welcome.
*anna*