It is not easy learning to live in a different country. I am sharing my experiences and hope someone will find it useful whether living here in Greece or any other country.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

FIRST VISIT

Had my first visit to the doctor. Has bothered me since I moved here because of
the language difference. But to my surprise the doctor was about my age and
spoke English. So my visit went well.  I was having lung problems and infection
and he gave me the right medications and it wasn't long until I was feeling
better.
In the mean time I am starting to study Greek and hopefully I can learn enough
to speak some every-day conversations. It is difficult setting with others and
not understanding. Hopefully during the rainy season I can do more studying
and learn more of the language.
Don't take for granted that because you are in a different country people will
speak your language. You must make a little effort to learn new customs
and try to fit in with the people.
When I first arrived here, people would stare and it was obvious to me they
knew I wasn't from here. So I learned to blend in with the people, not make it
look like I was a photographer or just here for some fun.
Like I said before it is not easy changing your life style after so many years
in your own country.

~~~CcP~~~

2 comments:

Anna-GrouezaKolokathi said...

You`ll gonna be fine my friend !!!
You`re pretty smart..and people here like you.
Learn our language or not..we use to see you every day,saying
*hello~KALHMERA*..
as you like it !!
keep on the good trying Carlos !!
We are all with you !!!
*anna*

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.