It is not easy learning to live in a different country. I am sharing my experiences and hope someone will find it useful whether living here in Greece or any other country.

Saturday, September 7, 2013


After a one year or six month visa, you either have to leave Greece and
come back later with a new visa, or apply for a resident permit.
A resident permit will give you one year more to stay here. The paperwork
is almost the same as is required for a visa, except some of the papers
need to be translated into Greek. So be prepared for a little more added
cost when you apply for a permit.

The best advice I can give is, (1). have a Greek friend to help you, get your
papers in order. (2). apply in plenty of time to get your papers done.
And the one thing that is most important is Have Patience. The laws are
different here as other countries, and you can get discouraged very
easy in the process.

Be sure to keep copies because you will need to do the same thing next
year, unless the laws are changed.


1 comment:

Anna Kolokathi said...

Very useful advices Carlos,for all the foreighners they would like to come and stay in my country.Thank you for share them.